Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What Mom's Do

It finally happend. Jude has caught his first cold. And that in and itself is to be expected and not much of a concern...but his temperature was a concern yesterday. At the highest point it was 102.4 farenheit. And wow...can a baby be cranky and upset and want up all the time when they are sick. And being Mom, he got whatever he wanted !!! You do what you need to when they are sick eh. He didn't sleep much yesterday, so I couldn't get my house clean, but what is a clean house when your little one is sick. So I forgot about the housework and just took care of him. That's just what Mom's do.
Of course, being a new Mom, I called my Mom for some advice, called Amy as well and called the Health Link. Just to be sure about the temp...the temp wasn't a real concern even tho it was high....it was him getting dehydrated. Got some advice from the Link on what to look for and how to prevent dehydration and what would be cause of concern.
Now things are fine. He still has the cold, but the worst of it is over now. He's cranky of course, wants up to sleep - the benefit of having a heart to heart sling - he gets to be up and close. And he's still not eating as much. but that is fine, who really wants to eat whent they are not feeling good. Overall things are going much better then yesterday. I will be trying to get my house clean now that he's feeling better.
Oh, what else a Mom does is I had Jude sleep in the same bed as me...the air mattress in his rooma and then on the couch and then when Dale left, Jude got to sleep with me in our bed. This way the both of us got to have a good sleep.
Besides this new event, there really is nothing else to talk about. :)

1 comment:

Jessica deLeeuw said...

Awww... poor little Jude... I hope he gets better soon. I hate seeing a little tiny baby so sick! God bless, he's in my prayers.